Coconut oil has many different uses from skin and hair care, to cleaning, but I want you to know why you should be using it in cooking. It’s better than using olive oil, and can make anything taste better (even desserts)!
- Coconut Oil is a great cooking oil with a high smoke point (which means it won’t go rancid when you cook with it. Olive oil does! Great for baking, stir-frys, and sauteing
- It is great as a dairy free replacement to butter. I use it on Gluten-Free Toast!
- Adding it to foods or smoothies gives you energy the whole day!
- Its great for seasoning cast iron skillets
- It’s high Lauric acid and MCFA content helps boost metabolism when used in recipes!
- Add it to an energy boosting Green Smoothie, and you won’t need any more reasons!
- When you mix a tablespoon of coconut oil with a tablespoon of chia seeds, it gives you all-day energy!
- It is great used as a replacement for vegetable oils in any recipe or in cooking.
- It is in the “Good Fat” category!
- I use it for frying anything! Like the onions and mushrooms in my Healthy Vegan Spiralized Hash Browns
- Your brain NEEDS the fat and cholesterol in Coconut Oil!
I love coconut oil. It tastes great by itself, in recipes, and is great for frying/sauteing.
Coconut Oil is used in: Healthy Vegan Spiralized Hash Browns/Curly Fries, and many raw desserts!
Photo: Max Lakutin
Wouldn’t you LOVE to get quirky yet informational emails straight to your inbox???
Of course you would!