Brownies. Who doesn’t love them? The ooey-gooey chocolateyness (that’s a word, right? Of course it is). Anyway, brownies. They’re the best. I know I say that a lot, but its true about a lot of different things! HAHA
These brownies really are the best, though. This recipe has been modified from the Minimalist Baker.
This Recipe is: Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
What You Need:
1 cup + 1/2 cup raw walnuts, divided + more for topping
1 cup raw almonds
2 1/2 cups dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain)
3/4 cup cacao powder
2 Tbsp cacao nibs + more for topping
5 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tbsp Agave syrup (or more if its not sweet enough)
- Put 1 cup walnuts and almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor.
- Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand. You may not use all the dates.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8×8 dish and before pressing, add remaining 1/2 cup roughly roughly chopped walnuts and cacao nibs and toss to combine and evenly distribute. Then press down with hands until it is flat and firm. I like laying down a piece of plastic wrap to prevent sticking and get it really flat.
- Lift parchment paper to remove brownies from dish and use hands to slightly squeeze in the sides to create a smaller square – this will make the brownies slightly thicker and more dense.
- Transfer back to dish and place in freezer or fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 12 even squares (If adding frosting, slice afterwards!).
- Either mix by hand or in a food processor all ingredients together, until completely smooth, and no chunks of coconut oil are left.
- Spread onto firm brownies!
Add the toppings of extra walnuts and cacao nibs, and enjoy!
To see the original recipe from Minimalist Baker, click here
Photo: NordWood Themes
Wouldn’t you LOVE to get quirky yet informational emails straight to your inbox???
Of course you would!