Its getting close to summer. Well, where I live, it already feels like summer. Anyway, its Spring time, and you want to go for a picnic. You just don’t know what to take! This Gluten-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free and Soy-Free creamy pasta salad is the perrrrfect thing to take! Its perfect for a romantic picnic with your special somebody, a potluck with friends, or a work function. Its light, but creamy, and tastes AH-MAZING! 🙂 Just give it a try…
This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free
What You Need:
16 oz Gluten-Free Rotini Pasta (I like the Quinoa & Rice one from Trader Joe’s & Aldi)
3 Ripe Avocados
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil), soaked for 20 minutes and drained
1 Tbsp dried Basil
1 Tbsp dried Rosemary
2-3 Cloves garlic, pressed
A little purified water, if necessary (find out why “purified” here)
- Start boiling water for your gluten-free rotini pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, start adding all the ingredients, except the sun-dried tomatoes, to a food processor, or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer avocado mixture to a bowl.
- Now, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes until small pieces, but not too much
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain, and add it to the bowl with the avocado mixture.
- Mix it up so the pasta is completely covered.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, and combine.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes, or eat on the spot.
*You wouldn’t want to keep this stored overnight because the avocado in the creamy mixture will brown.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Photo: Bonnie Kittle
Wouldn’t you LOVE to get quirky yet informational emails straight to your inbox???
Of course you would!