All vegans love hummus. Its one of our staples. But in the HCLF (high carb, low fat) group, hummus can be one of those foods that gives you all the fat you’re supposed to eat for the day, in 2 tablespoons. Who really only eats 2 tablespoons of hummus??? Not me! That’s why I love this Oil-Free, Low Fat hummus recipe! It tastes just the same, maybe even better!
What You Need:
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- The juice of 1/4 – 1/2 lemon
- 1 fresh garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- A dusting of smoked paprika
- A dusting of dried oregano
- Drain chickpeas.
- Put all main ingredients in to food processor and blend (adding a little water if necessary) until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle garnish on top.
That’s it!!! So simple and great for you! Let me know how you like this recipe!
Take a look at this: How to Make Crispy Oil-Free French Fries
Wouldn’t you LOVE to get quirky yet informational emails straight to your inbox???
Of course you would!