A childhood favorite, I think everyone loves macaroni and cheese! the creaminess and cheesiest ones were the best! Well, this recipe meets all those qualifications, and its Low in Fat, and 100% VEGAN! How great is that?!
I have made this about 3 times this week. That means my family and I really like it! 🙂 I know you will too!
Also, this is probably the cheapest vegan mac and cheese you can make. It requires not expensive nuts (or legumes, I should say), and there’s no tofu in it, either! Its just veggies and spices! Making things as cheap as possible, while being as healthy as possible, can sometimes be a challenge, but this recipe is one for the books.
Check it out, and see if you like it! I know you will! YUMMM!
Yields: 4 Servings
What You Need:
16 oz. Pasta (I use Gluten-Free)
4 1/2 cups water
2 medium potatoes
1 medium carrot (approx. 2/3 cup), chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 tomato, cubed
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard sauce
2 tsp Coconut Aminos
6 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (Bring on the Nooch!)
4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2/3 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp salt
1-2 leaves of kale, optional
- Pour water into pot.
- Cut all veggies, except kale if using, and put in water.
- Once ll veggies are in water, start boiling.
- Once boiling, put heat down a little under high.
- Boil vegetables until potatoes are tender, approx. 15-20 min
- When veggies are almost done, start cooking pasta according to pasta.
- When potatoes are tender, pour all veggies and water from the pot into a blender.
- Then place all other ingredients, except kale, into blender, as well.
- Blend until smooth. (Tip: If you have a middle part to your blender lid, take that out, and place a folded tea towel over the whole while blending. This keeps pressure from building up.)
- Pour back into pot, and heat on low-medium heat to thicken.
- Once pasta is done and drained, pour into pot with cheeze sauce.
- Combine pasta and cheeze.
- Chop up the kale, with stalks removed, and mix in.
- Enjoy the cheezy goodness!
This recipe is sure to please every single part of your family, or just yourself for a few days! If you try this recipe, be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram @allysveganvibes so I can see! 🙂
Take care! Until next time!
Wouldn’t you LOVE to get quirky yet informational emails straight to your inbox???
Of course you would!