Today I was cooking for a client whom I meal prep for. I love doing this, cooking for people I mean. It’s so fun, and I can help them to have healthy vegan meals throughout the week. Well, this particular client doesn’t really care what I make, just as long as it tastes good. So, sometimes I’ll come up with recipes while I’m there, with ingredients this person has in his pantry. That happened today, and I was so happy with how it came out, I’m sharing it with you.
These Chickpea Breakfast Patties are savory (kind of like a sausage patty, but not really), filling, and healthy! Oil is optional, but you should use everything else I put in this recipe! It will taste so good. You won’t regret taking my advice.
Enough chit-chat, let’s get started.
This recipe is: Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, and Oil-Free (if you omit it)
Yields: 9-10 small patties
What you need:
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 vegan egg (Follow your Heart brand is great for this, too)
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil (optional, omit for oil-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roughly mash up the drained chickpeas, either using your hands or a fork.
- Mix the quinoa and diced red onion in with the mashed chickpeas.
- Now, add the coconut aminos, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the corn meal, salt, and pepper together, and add to the chickpea mixture.
- Now, add in the vegan egg and oil (if using).
- Mix well.
- Once everything is mixed together,
- Start making small, palm sized patties. (About 1-1/2 tbsp of mixture)
- Place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip, and bake for another 10 minutes.
These are great for meal prep, as they will keep in the fridge for a week.
Try it with these!