This post is sponsored by Hilary’s Eat Well. Check out their website here!
When Brad and I get the chance to cook up a lot of comfort food, we jump on it. Living in a mini van can definitely have it’s challenges, one of them being cooking. Although we have an Instant Pot, we can’t seem to find a toaster oven that won’t kill our power inverter. To make a long story short, we can’t bake in the van, and it’s so frustrating. There are so many times I think I find a vegan Instant Pot , or one-pot, recipe, but you end up having to put it in the oven. 😒 Well, just so all you vanlifers out there know, you cannot make this entire recipe in the Instant Pot. You need some type of oven. Now you know.
This is one of those recipes that is great for a Sunday morning. It’s easy, but tastes like you slaved in the kitchen for hours. With the fluffiness of the biscuits, spicy-ness of the sausage, and creaminess of the gravy, I’m sure your whole family will be satisfied.
Hilary’s Eat Well is a vegan brand that makes veggie burgers, salad dressings, sausages, and even little broccoli casserole bites! All of their products are allergen friendly, containing no gluten, nuts, dairy, soy, and a bunch of other things. Just to be clear, this recipe is not allergen friendly, as it contains gluten, but the sausage doesn’t!
Vegan Sausage + Biscuits with Gravy
What you need:
1-2 packs of your favorite vegan white gravy
2 tbsp oil (for frying the sausages)
Black pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel apart the biscuits and place on ungreased baking pan.
- Start heating oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once oven is preheated, place pan with biscuits in oven, and set timer for 15 minutes.
- Once oil in pan is hot, add all sausages that can fit in one layer. If all can fit, awesome!
- Start making your gravy according to the package or recipe.
- After a few minutes, turn the sausages over in the pan.
- Once timer goes off for biscuits, check them. If they aren’t golden been on top, set the timer for 1-2 more minutes. Just make sure you keep an eye on them.
- Once everything is done, break the biscuits apart, cut the sausages in half, and add them to the biscuits. Drizzle some gravy on top, and add black pepper, if you’d like.
- Eat with a fork, and enjoy!
Notes: You can definitely make these little sausage and biscuit sandwiches and dip in the gravy! Also, serve with fruit, and some Ripple Chocolate Milk! 😋